This is a general fund for the Grin project’s ongoing and ever-expanding needs. Donations into this fund are always welcome, very appreciated, and a quick and easy way to get yourself or your company on to the hallowed friends of grin page.
Status: Always Open
As of Feb. 3rd 2019
- 0.29 ツ on donations.grin-tech.org
- 8.22 BTC (excess on below BTC addresses are earmarked for security audits)
Grin donation address
- Direct HTTPS sends: https://donations.grin-tech.org
Bitcoin donation address
- bitcoin legacy 3ChVP627KU5w4zu2rieFPF3wGXWQgmhvrs
- bitcoin segwit bc1qdgs8vkpzr256qjlzlfht72z3mhcrdrt6wj2rfjw39j8us24gz8uq78qj65.
Please note the 2nd address is a Bech32 address, so please ensure your wallet supports sending to a Bech32 address to use it. Many wallets and exchanges now support this, and you can check adoption here.
Please verify the donation addresses as shown above in your browser matches the source for this page on mimblewimble/site.
Ethereum donation address
- eth address 0x16726940eCEBdfb3c352C29bF2620f59EF919a3b
Funds donated in Ethereum will be converted to Bitcoin shortly after for simplicity of accounting.
Zcash donation address
- t-address t1QGYYXan3HHEuiPEfccKnUuWEP4CsVvPA5
Funds donated in Zcash will be converted to Bitcoin shortly after for simplicity of accounting.
What is this fund
This is the general development fund intended to cover costs related to Grin’s ongoing development. While the team may not have visibility on every particular need that will arise, all donated funds will be used towards Grin’s development or promotion.
This fund is managed entirely by the Grin Technical Council, and all spending decisions will be made public. The funds are kept in a 3/5 Multisig wallet, meaning no spending can occur without at least 3 council members actively signing the transaction.
Some examples of where proceeds of this fund might be allocated (by no means exhaustive and subject to change):
- Professional security audits
- Service fees related to build and deployment infrastructure
- Website design and/or development or other marketing materials
- Presence at conferences
- Contributing to developer campaigns or other specific development work if required
- Contributions toward open Grin ASIC design
- Legal support as and when needed
The Grin project is strictly non-profit. Please refer back to our Funding overview page for details on our fundraising appoach and our inclusive development philosophy.
As always, anyone donating to this fund can optionally have themselves listed on the Friends of Grin Page.