As gambling is a £10 billion industry in the UK, there are many international and domestic betting sites available for you to choose between. Picking the best online betting platform can be very challenging, especially for newbies. Therefore, what are the crucial factors to consider when looking for a reliable betting site?
- Registration process
- Payment methods for both deposit and withdrawal options
- Sportsbook promotions
- Welcome offer
- Live offer
- Pre-match offer
- Customer support and service
- Mobile compatibility
- Platform design and usability
- Extra non-sporting features and bonuses.
Our list of the best betting sites is comprehensive, and all the platforms outlined have a high rating and are reputable. Pick any of the UK betting sites below to enjoy a safe and fun sports betting experience.
List of the 6 Best UK Betting Sites
Taking a chance on a new gambling site is always risky but why not trust a company that’s been around since 1934. William Hill has existed since the time when people place their bets via mail or telephone. They opened their first brick-and-mortar sites in the 60’s and have been online since the 90’s.
Signing up is a simple two-step process of entering your details and then identity verification. After signing up you can choose from a wide range of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. The average minimum deposit is £10 and withdrawal minimums range from £5 to £25 per transaction.
The best feature of William Hill is the cash-out in-play functionality. With their significant player’s base, the number of events from which customers can select is vast. The user interface and scoreboard of the platform are very smooth. They have a 24/7 customer support service that is responsive and helpful.
- Mobile app available.
- Large selection of games.
- Presence of a live streaming feature.
- Acca insurance.
- Available cash-out in-play functionality.
- The mobile application lacks live streaming.
- Mediocre welcome bonus.
This Irish bookmaker has been operating since 1988. Today it is one of the best safe betting sites in UK. Players love the betting platform because of its expansive line of leagues and matches. Registered users have access to the latest sporting events, in-play online sports betting options and various online casinos.
There are many payment methods available on the website and one of them is the Paddy Power Cash Card PPlus. This is an online prepaid card that gives you instant access to your funds and is unique to Paddy Power. However, if you prefer the more traditional payment methods you can use bank transfers, debit/credit cards, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and other e-wallets.
The customer service is effective and promptly handles any issues that the users might have. Don’t miss checking out the HD live streaming feature of this sports betting platform, it’s among the best:
- Impressive and user-friendly website design.
- Charge-free deposits and withdrawals.
- Live streaming and cash-out option available.
- Large selection of sports and games.
- Users can bet via the phone.
- Small sign-up bonus.
- Limited to some countries.
Bet365 is very popular among online gamblers, attracting people interested in different sports, casino games and betting markets. They have been in the industry for many years, hence they have created a platform that offers everything online gamblers look for in an online sports betting platform.
The site is well-known for their fast payouts that usually reflect within 24 hours after submitting the request. The mobile application is perfect for those who prefer to place their bets anytime and anywhere. You can take the fun with you wherever you go.
If you worry that you might spend too much, Bet365 has your back. The company is committed to responsible gambling and allows you to set bet limits or deposit time frames to keep yourself in check and allow you to enjoy the experience without worry.
Some of the fantastic features of the Bet365 platform include:
- Diverse betting options.
- Modern layout and easy to use interface.
- Among the best bonuses and promotions.
- Low minimum deposit and bet.
- Great betting selection, especially for football.
- Availability of extensive depository of betting statistics.
- Generous offers and bonuses for new members.
- Bank withdrawals have low minimum withdrawals.
- Competitive bookmarker margins.
- Limited promotions for existing customers.
- Complaints from customers about their accounts being limited.
This company deals in sports betting services, even though it’s mainly known as a spread betting website. The platform has a few parallels since its offering is based on spread betting instead of regular fixed odds. Spread betting allows gamblers to bet on the scale of something happening, e.g. the number of goals being scored in a given match. Should you, Spreadex has measures that limit your losses.
That being said, the Spreadex offers a host of fun and interesting rewards and promotions for customers to enjoy. You can get up to £300 or an iPad as a welcome bonus, earn free bets or match bets, and even earn money to play with if you refer a friend.
- The welcoming bonus is very generous.
- Exceptional customer care service and support.
- The platform has a beautiful mobile app.
- New customers have access to guides about spread betting.
- Limited sports live streaming.
- Limited payment options.
BetVictor offers a casino and sportsbook section for its users. The brand dates back to 1946, and it’s considered one of the oldest global sports betting brands, with its online platform operating for more than two decades. The many years of experience have given the brand a chance to establish itself among the best UK betting sites.
The user design and interface of BetVictor’s online platform is slick and user-friendly. Even the signing-up process is straightforward, giving you access to their wide selection of sports and betting options. Intriguing betting products at BetVictor that you should try out include the Cash Out option, Bet Builder feature and live stream services:
- Impressive market selection and excellent odds.
- 24/7 customer service availability.
- Elegant and user-friendly layout.
- Mobile app compatibility with all the mobile device platforms
- New members enjoy amazing bonuses and offers.
- Flexible banking options for players.
- Extra betting options for users.
- Registration bonus not available in some countries.
- Free bets expire after 30 days if not used.
- Inactive accounts are closed.
TonyBet is a traditional sportsbook company and was founded in 2009. It’s considered one of the largest online betting platforms in the world, with over 720,000 global users. Being a reputable sports betting platform, TonyBet is registered and licensed by the relevant gambling regulatory bodies. Users select their odds on the platform and wait for other TonyBet users to match the odds. TonyBet has several welcoming bonuses for new users:
- Excellent and 24/7 customer support.
- The mobile app offers similar features to the web version.
- The withdrawals are fast, with more than 15 deposit options
- Speedy bets like the 1-Click Bet.
- Varied betting options such as last-minute bets.
- Lacks live streaming.
- Low deposit limits.
- Customer support lacks telephone option
- Restrictions in many countries.
There is a long list of aspects to keep an eye out for when signing up to a UK betting site. The fees, registration process, mobile compatibility and other features might. It might look perfect, but the platform may not meet all of your needs. This article will provide an excellent place to start your research.